2017 March 15 - April 24
2017 May 17 - June 29
2017 BTR deadline: 04/17/17
2017 October 11 - December 21
2017 Proposal deadline: 08/01/17
2017 BTR deadline: 09/10/17
During your group check-in each member of the group will be asked to read and agree to the "Cornell Laboratory for Accelerator-based Sciences and Education (CLASSE) User Agreement." Below is the agreement along with links to various manuals and policies. Should you have any questions, please feel free to contact Kathy Dedrick, Facility User Officer.
Cornell Laboratory for Accelerator-based Sciences and Education (CLASSE) User Agreement
While a user of the Cornell High Energy Synchrotron Source (CHESS) at Cornell, you will abide by CLASSE safety rules, and you agree to be bound by the Cornell Campus Code of Conduct, the Code of Academic Integrity as they are applicable to members of the Cornell community or to the general public while visiting Cornell. The following provides on-line links and additional information:
- The User Orientation and Safety Training provides policies, standards and guidelines governing the work that staff and guests perform.
- Cornell University maintains a Campus Code of Conduct, a Code of Academic Integrity, and policies providing guidelines pertaining to computer and network abuse and use while on the Cornell campus. For example, use of limewire or other software that pirates music, videos or movies is strictly forbidden on Cornell networks.
- Cornell University in cooperation with New York State Public Health Law enforces a strict smoking policy. “Individuals are prohibited from smoking or carrying lighted cigars, cigarettes, or pipes in any indoor facilities, enclosed bus stops and university-owned or controlled vehicles, as well as within twenty-five feet of the entrance to any university-owned or controlled building.”
You understand that you are obligated to inform CHESS of your publications or Ph.D. theses based on research involving CHESS data or resources, and to acknowledge CHESS in these publications. The text of the acknowledgement may be found at:
If you are a biological user of CHESS you will likely be using MacCHESS resources. As the National Institutes for Health (NIH) is the funding source of MacCHESS, you understand that you are obligated to deposit any publications resulting from research carried out, in whole or in part using MacCHESS resources at CHESS to PubMed Central for public access. The authors must deposit for public access in PubMed no later than 12 months after publication.
You additionally understand the following:
- Any salary, benefits, or insurance related to your research activities are provided by your home institution or others, and you understand that Cornell does not provide any salary, benefits, or insurance for your activities under this Agreement.
- This Agreement provides access to the CLASSE research facilities, but does not provide you with access to other Cornell facilities beyond access available to the general public.
- In exchange for my use of the facility, I agree to release, indemnify, and hold harmless Cornell University for any and all claims or damages I may suffer related to my activities on campus, other than those damages that occur as a direct result of the negligence of Cornell.