2017 March 15 - April 24
2017 May 17 - June 29
2017 BTR deadline: 04/17/17
2017 October 11 - December 21
2017 Proposal deadline: 08/01/17
2017 BTR deadline: 09/10/17
Shipping NON-Hazardous Materials, Equipment and Dewars TO CHESS Beamlines:
The following contact information should be included on all shipments to CHESS:
ATTN: Kathy Dedrick OR CHESS Users Office
161 Synchrotron Drive
Ithaca, NY 14853
Fedex should use: 161 Synchrotron Drive, a second option is 694 Dryden Rd.
Please send an email with details of the item sent and instructions if any to either the Beam line Staff Scientist or Kathy Dedrick at firstname.lastname@example.org. We strongly suggest that you plan your shipment to arrive one day in advance of your scheduled beam time as we can NOT adjust beam time should your materials not arrive on time.
NOTE: Shipments are received Monday - Friday from 8:00am to 4:00pm, no shipments are received on Saturday or holidays.
If you are shipping materials or equipment from outside of the United States please allow extra time for your items to clear through customs. It is always best to have a tracking number when shipping from outside the United States, this is usually only done via Federal Express, UPS or DHL utilizing the 2 or 3 day delivery process.
Shipping Dewars to CHESS:
Make sure your dewar arrives one day in advance to your scheduled beam time. Dewars are normally filled with liquid nitrogen and delivered to the beam line indicated. If you DO NOT want your dewar filled please contact Kathy Dedrick (email@example.com).
Dry Dewar Shipping, please make sure to label the Dewar with the following information:
Beamline: (Indicate Beamline scheduled, i.e. A1, F1, G1)
If you do not empty the dewar of liquid nitrogen before sending, your dewar is considered to be HAZARDOUS and you must follow strict guidelines set-forth by the shipper.
Shipping Hazardous Materials, Equipment or Dewars to CHESS:
Items which have been deemed Hazardous by the CHESS Safety Committee require special handling, please contact Kathy Dedrick for further instructions.
CHESS will refuse any hazardous shipments which have not been previously approved by the CHESS Safety Committee.
Purchased items from a vendor that the user has ordered which are considered hazardous (gases, chemicals, equipment) must be approved prior to ordering by the CHESS Safety Committee. Items will be refused if it has not been pre-approved by the CHESS Safety Committee.
Shipping Materials, Equipment or Dewar FROM CHESS:
- Remove any old shipping labels from the materials/ equipment or dewar.
- Bring materials/equipment or dewar out to CHESS Ops area.
- Print and fill-out the CHESS User Shipping Form in full.
- All Dewars will be shipped Dry and will be emptied of liquid nitrogen by MacCHESS Staff. If you require the dewar to be shipped with Liquid Nitrogen you must note that on the shipping form and advise Kathy Dedrick as the dewar will be considered as Hazardous.
- Leave materials/equipment or dewar in CHESS Ops area with the CHESS User Shipping form (pdf, or Word).
- At check-out with CHESS Operator advise the operator that you require items shipped back.
- If you have questions about your shipment please contact Kathy Dedrick.