2017 March 15 - April 24
2017 May 17 - June 29
2017 BTR deadline: 04/17/17
2017 October 11 - December 21
2017 Proposal deadline: 08/01/17
2017 BTR deadline: 09/10/17
● CCD two-dimensional detectors, Ion chambers, Photodiodes, Scintillation detectors, Solid-state detectors, Storage-phosphor image plates, X-ray film and burn paper.
Standard detectors for MacCHESS users are:
* ADSC Quantum-210 CCD, for crystallography at A1
* ADSC Quantum-270 CCD, for crystallography at F1
Station Hardware and Electronics
● Motor controlled optics tables, motorized X-Z stages, fixed or motorized slits, ion chambers, flight tubes, jack stands, and other various components available for mounting onto the Klinger rail.
● Multi-channel Analyzers, single-channel analyzers, NIM compatible amplifiers, generators (pulse and function), fan-outs, discriminators, voltage to frequency converters, high voltage power supplies, video cameras and monitors, and electronic test equipment.
Station Computers and Networking
● Computers, Network connections, general computing
Software Data Collection and Experimental Control
● Unix-based with Spec™, motor control, set monochromator energy, Align experimental apparatus, take data, scan, and plot data.
● A part of the spec package, cplot, can be used to produce graphical presentations of data and is found on all station computers.
● MacCHESS has a wide variety of software for macromolecular crystallography.
● MATLAB (Matrix Laboratory) is available on several computers.
● In preparation for rocking curve measurements, chiopt can be used to determine the optimal setting of chi from a chi-theta mesh data set.
● Signals from CESR can be plotted on a VMS terminal.