STEP ONE: UNDERSTANDING BEAMLINE CAPABILITIES
Look at the Beamline capabilities webpage.
- Contact a Staff Scientist to discuss your research (the CHESS User Office will also get you in touch with the appropriate Staff Scientist):
- What is the research problem?
- Which station(s) are appropriate?
- How mature is the research project (risk, size)? Has this been tried on a home source?
- What is the material - sample composition, form, size, availability?
- What are the experimental conditions (temperature, pressure, etc.)?
- What will be measured?
- Probability of success? Impact? Significance?
- How will results be presented and to whom?
- What is the timeline?