Publishing work using data collected at MacCHESS
CHESS and MacCHESS in your "Acknowledgement"
Please place the following acknowledgement in any publications resulting from work carried out at CHESS, using MacCHESS resources:
"This work is based upon research conducted at the Cornell High Energy Synchrotron Source (CHESS), which is supported by the National Science Foundation and the National Institutes of Health/National Institute of General Medical Sciences under NSF award DMR-0936384, using the Macromolecular Diffraction at CHESS (MacCHESS) facility, which is supported by award GM-103485 from the National Institutes of Health, through its National Institute of General Medical Sciences."
If space constraints do not allow long acknowledgements, use:
"CHESS is supported by the NSF & NIH/NIGMS via NSF award DMR-1332208, and the MacCHESS resource is supported by NIH/NIGMS award GM-103485."
CHESS and MacCHESS in your "Methods" section:
Please include the following information in any publications resulting from work carried out at CHESS, using MacCHESS resources:
Which beam line you used:
- CHESS F-1 beam line, etc.;
Which detector(s) you used:
- Area Detector Systems CCD : Pilatus 6M, Quantum-270, Quantum-210
Which data collection and processing software you used:
- DPS/Mosflm, HKL-2000 and HKL (xdisp/denzo/scalepack), XDS
For the ADSC CCD:
- D. M. E. Szebenyi et al., J. Synchrotron Rad. 4, 128-135 (1997)
For the HKL processing package:
- If you used the HKL2000 program to process data at CHESS, please note that development of HKL2000 is supported by NIH grant GM-53163 to Z. Otwinowski and W. Minor. Z. Otwinowski and W. Minor, "Processing of X-ray Diffraction Data Collected in Oscillation Mode", Methods in Enzymology, Volume 276: Macromolecular Crystallography, part A, p.307-326, 1997,C.W. Carter, Jr. & R. M. Sweet, Eds., Academic Press (New York).
- Acerbo, A. S., Cook, M. J., & Gillilan, R. E. (2015). Upgrade of MacCHESS facility for X-ray scattering of biological macromolecules in solution. Journal of Synchrotron Radiation, 22(1), 180-186. doi: doi:10.1107/S1600577514020360
- Skou, S., Gillilan, R. E., & Ando, N. (2014). Synchrotron-based small-angle X-ray scattering of proteins in solution. Nature Protocols, 9(7), 1727-1739.