MacCHESS is the home of the widely-used BioSAXS data analysis package RAW. The program is free, open-source, and runs on Mac, Windows, and Linux.
The latest installation packages, documentation, and other information can be found here
RAW Software: the new paper is out!
Hopkins. J. B., Gillilan, R. E., Skou, S. "BioXTAS RAW: improvements to a free open-source program for small-angle X-ray scattering data reduction and analysis." J. Appl. Cryst. , 50, 2017.
- Free/open source python code
- Runs on Windows/Mac/Linux
- Over 5 years hands on with real users
- From raw images to envelopes
- ATSAS integration
- Full print manual
- Tutorials with sample data
- YouTube video tutorials
- State-of-the-art SEC SAXS analysis
- Absolute scale/advanced MW estimates etc.
"BioXTAS RAW" the processing software we use at MacCHESS
Biological Small Angle Scattering Group (EMBL Hamburg)
SCATTER developed by Ivan Rodic and Rob Rambo. Estimates molecular weight without knowing concentration, evaluates flexibility, and contains many other important tools
ScatterBrain, the SAXS data reduction program developed by the AustralianSynchrotron